Thursday, December 30, 2010

DAY 4-AZURRI START SLOW

The SEA OF ORANGE finally comes to SA

Ebie Ahmed was the  Man on the Scene in the game between Holand and Denmmark and describes the sea of orange as fantastic and great to be a part of. The Dutch ran out 2-0 winners at Soccer City with goals from Dirk kuyt and an own goal from Denmark. Good three points by the Dutch and although the Dutch Fans I spoke too at Melrose Arch said that it wasnt all that convinving the Dutch are happy and have arrived. I couldnt go to this game because my Dad and Sister went which meant I had to cover for my dad at work. But at noon I escaped and walked to the Ria Via. It was then that I learnt that the Ria Via Bus system was on Strike. Can you believe this We are hosting the 2010 World Cup and our Bus System was on strike. I was disappointed. Ah well I would get to watch Holland later I hoped.

The baron Rya Via station in West Street Johannesburg
Dutch Fans


Danish Fans


Ebie was on hand to capture the footage

 
THE DUTCH NATIONAL ANTHEM

MEXICAN WAVE DURING THR GAME



HOLLAND vs DENMARK PICTURES




My four year old nephew Raiha Mayet before battle against Paraguay. Had to make him Azurri quickly


ITALY VS PARAGUAY
MELROSE ARCH FAN ZONE

Monday Night and it was cold. Myself, Moe and Oz went to Melrose Arch on a freezing night to watch my team the Italians. It was cold. My uncle phoned me from Cape Town and it was equally cold and raining. Myself and Moe were nervous as we supported Italy. Oz was just there to make our lives difficult. It was our first game at the Melrose Fan Zone and it was electric. So many different Fans from different countries were there.

A packed fan zone at Melrose Arch in Johannesburg

A packed fan zone at Melrose Arch in Johannesburg
Talking to some Dutch Fans after they beat Denmark

Whats a night without the Brazilians

MELROSE ARCH FAN ZONE-ITALY vs PARAGUAY


It was a decent line up by Lippi but still theres something missing.
When we went one down I thought here it goes. Although Italy were not impressive they got their equaliser and I thought pushed on rather well. Danielle De Rossi to the rescue after a goalkeeping error and well we were lucky to escape with a point. Off to New Zealand now and well.


Danielle De Rossi saves Italy against Paraguay
I thought Italy lacked punch upfront and Montolivio and Pepe were the outstanding players on the pitch. As for the goal...Cannavaro and Chielini beaten in the air....Thats worrying. Also worrying is the injury sustained by Gigi Buffon.Its certain that he will miss the game agains new Zealand. Did I know what was in store for Italy in 2010. I certainly did not. On the Way home Oz blasted myself and Moe. As we drove back home we could feel the freezing coldin Johannesburg setting in.Yip it was cold. And Tuesday Night was a game for us at Ellis Park and the SAMBA was on stage. Tuesday was gonna be superb

Forza Azurri
To Nelspruit we Hunt

In the other game in Boemfontein Cameroon who have never lost an opening game in the World Cup were shocked by the Japanese. Cameroon are in Danger of missing out. Eto and company were shocked as the Japanese ran out 1-0 winners

Disappointed Cameroonians sit on the sidelines in Bloemfontein

No comments:

Post a Comment